Sunday, March 13, 2011

Wow. So much for writing on this every day.

Well, it's been a while, but I just found a quote that I love, so I feel obligated to share it.

So, without further ado...

Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love.” ~Neil Gaiman

Now, I know this makes me sound like a horrible, heartless person, but if you truly read the quote, you will realize that it's quite the opposite.

Here is another quote that came up as related to that one:

Love is when you shed a tear and still want him, it's when he ignores you and you still love him, it's when he loves another girl but you still smile and say I'm happy for you, when all you really do is cry.

And, last but not least..

A final comfort that is small, but not cold: The heart is the only broken instrument that works. ~T.E. Kalem

Yes, I know I sound depressed and whiny, but I truly love these quotes. For some reason they remind me of my favorite band, Ludo, except the flipside of the song that I am thinking of.

My mind is extremely jumbled right now, so I am going to end this post here. A second one might follow it, depending on if I can shake some thoughts out of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Wacky Wisdom